Our plastic gas tank repair PTFE patch makes repairing holes and cracks in a damaged plastic gas tank easy. PTFE, the chemical name for Teflon, is impervious to all fuels, including aromatic (high octane) gasolines and diesel fuels.PTFE Plus Tech-Patch Selections
Plastic Gas Tank Repair using our PTFE Patch
With our patented Polymer Bonding Process (Process) we bond the PTFE Plus Tech-Patch to the damaged HDPE (plastic) gas tank..
How to repair a plastic gas tank with a PTFE Plus Tech-Patch.
- If the problem is a crack, drill small holes at each end of the crack to prevent the crack from expanding.
- Make sure the PTFE will extend at least one-half inch beyond the problem on all sides.
- Abrade the area around the crack/hole.
- Clean that area.
- Saturate the area around the crack or hole with the Poly Prep. Let dry.
- Spray the Activator/Accelerator on the area.
- Warm the damaged area of the gas tank and the PTFE Tech-Patch with a heat fun or hair dryer.
- By temperature: to about 120 degrees F.
- By touch, just below hot.
- Apply SI Black using concentric circles to the entire area of the patch EXCEPT for diagonal corners. Make sure that the adhesive will reach the edges around the entire patch.
- Grab the diagonal corners, apply tension, and press over the damage area of the gas tank. Grab will occur in 4 – 8 seconds. Smooth the patch from the center out with your fingers, pressing down and holding the edges for a few seconds.
- Use a putty knife to apply pressure on the patch from the center out. This pressure ensures that there is complete contact between the patch and the tank.
- Glue down the edges.
- Visually inspect the patch to make sure that there are no problems.
When can you use the repaired gas tank?
With the chemical reaction needed to form a bond, there is always heat. The PTFE Plus Tech-Patch will get hot. When that heat goes away, the tank can be used.
Purchase a PTFE Plus Tech-Patch Kit
Click on the button below to purchase a PTFE Plus Tech-Patch.PTFE Plus Tech-Patch Selections
Plastic Tank Repair Video
We are used to skepticism. With the Polymer Bonding Process, we have been fighting doubt since 2016. With Tech-Patches, since 2017. During this whole time we have offered a money back guarantee. Have not refunded a dime. With the PTFE Tech-Patch, we are offering a permanent money back guarantee. If the patch EVER fails, we will refund your money.
for more information or if you have questions, please call 877 565 7225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your review