Surface Insensitive (SI) Structural Cyanoacrylates (SCA’s)
There are five different Structural Cyanoacrylates (SCA’s). Each of our SCA options, when used with our performance tools, consistently delivers superior results. Performance tools include an Activator/Accelerator (AA), our Poly Prep and the unique Filler. These tools allow and/or intensify the chemical reaction occurring during the bonding process. Greater chemical reactions always, repeat always, generate stronger, more durable bonds.
Our SCA portfolio includes five different viscosity options. Viscosity is the measure of the thickness of a liquid or adhesive. Most users find over-the-counter super glues too thin. Because of their low viscosity, super glues often wind up on fingers.
Viscosities of our SCA’s
- SI Blue (100 cP) is our standard viscosity SCA. SI Blue spreads easily, wicks well and offers more control than ultra-thin super-glues. SI Blue is recommended for most repairs/tasks whether the problem resides in the home, shop, garage, car, etc.
Sizes available: 3 gm tubes, 20 gm, 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz bottles. Larger volumes up to container size are available with any of our adhesives.
A link to purchase SI Blue appears below.
Other available viscosities
- SI Black (1500 cP) is thicker and offers more control. Besides being easier to control, SI Black may handle ambient moisture better. Use SI Black when gap filling (up to .0059 in.), or when working on an upright surface.
- SI Green (0-5 cP) is our ultra-thin structural adhesive. Ultra-thin adhesives actually rate slightly higher in tensile and shear strength than higher viscosity formulations. For the technician or hobbiest, ultra-thin viscosity CA’s can be very difficult to use because there’s no control.
- SI Brown (600 cP) is a medium viscosity Surface Insensitive (SI), Structural Cyanoacrylate (SCA). SI Brown is favored by manufacturers because a 600 cP viscosity adhesive offers good control while maintaining spread-ability. Special order only.
These SCA’s available in 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz and 16 oz bottles. All the way up to container size.
- SI GEL is our thickest Structural Cyanoacrylate. Our SI GEL is thixotropic and offers maximum gap filling and control.
Available in 3 gm and 20 gm tubes, 300 ml caulking tubes and larger sizes.
Attributes of our polymer-enhanced, Surface Insensitive (SI), Structural Cyanoacrylates (SCA’s):
- they dry clear
- bonds remain flexible when bonding flexible materials
- SCA’s provide structural strength.
- The 20 gm, 1 oz and 2 oz bottle sizes are guaranteed not to harden for two years
- Repairs are completed quickly, easily and permanently, especially when the AA is used.
Other Structural Adhesives
BP Blue – A specialty adhesive for polymers. co-polymers and poly-plastics
A structural cyanoacrylate designed to work with poly-plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyurethane, etc. Plus, BP Blue will glue space age polymers like Teflon®, Delrin®, UHMW, silicone rubber, et al. BP Blue can used by itself (one step). We recommend using our standard Activator/Accelerator (AA)Depending. Bonds are stronger because of the chemical reaction generated by the AA. Attributes are the same as with our SCA’s.
Available in 20 gm, 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz bottles and up to container size.
Foam Safe Cyanoacrylates
Cyanoacrylates (CA’s) will melt open cell foams. In addition, some individuals are sensitive to the odors that can occur with CA’s. Finally, most over-the-counter CA’s fog clear materials, such as plexiglass or clear plastics. Our Foam Safe Bonding Agents work with open cell foams, have a greatly reduced odor and do not out-gas, or fog, clear materials.
Our Foam Safe Cyanoacrylates include:
• Foam Safe Blue (FB) is a standard viscosity (100 cP), low odor, low bloom cyanoacrylate that will not affect Depron®, foam core, styrenes and other open cell foams.
• Foam Safe Red (FR) is a medium-thick viscosity CA (1000 cP) that has the same performance characteristics that Foam Safe Blue has. Being thicker can make Foam Safe Red easier to use.
Available in 20 gm, 2 oz and larger sizes.
The downside of a foam safe CA is that they are not as strong as a standard cyanoacrylate. Note: Foam Safe CA’s work MUCH easier when a Foam Safe Accelerator (AH) is used.
Thread-locking fluids are thin, single-component adhesives which are applied to the threads of metal screws and bolts to prevent loosening, leakage, and corrosion. Typically, thread-locking fluids cure anaerobically and are methacrylate-based.
TL 42 is a low viscosity adhesive that offers medium torque removal resistance.
Another option is TL 70 is a low viscosity adhesive offering high torque resistance.
Our TL 90 is a very low viscosity (wicking grade) adhesive with medium torque removal resistance.
Applications for threadlockers include: appliances, hobby, construction, motorcycle repair, gun smithing, automotive and truck repair, heavy machinery, aerospace, agricultural, etc.
Available in 10 ml, 50 ml and larger sizes.
Performance Tools are chemicals that either allow a chemical reaction to occur or intensifies that chemical reaction.
Standard Activator/Accelerator (AA)
Used properly, our standard Activator/Accelerator intensifies the chemical reaction of the bonding process. Anytime there is a chemical reaction when using an adhesive, that chemical reaction creates a bond. Bonds are stronger and more durable than glue joins. In addition, our standard AA’s cause an almost immediate cure of our SCA’ss. Finally,in field situations, our AA’s can be used as a cleaner.
Available in 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz and larger sizes.
Foam Safe Accelerators (AH)
Foam Safe Accelerators are designed to work with our foam safe CA’s. Though designed to work with all foam safe CA’s, our AH accelerators speed the cure of all our structural adhesives. Additionally, AH’s speed the cure of superglues and other CA’s. Finally, Foam Safe Accelerators do not harm most fine finishes.
Available in 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz and larger sizes.
Other performance tools
Our Poly Prep primes the surface of polymers. Primed poly’s can be bonded using the Bonding Poly Process (patent pending) which will bond a poly to itself or to any other substrate. Polymers that you can bond easily with the Bonding Poly Process (patent pending) include; polyethylene, UHMW’s, silicone, Delrin(R), polypropylene, nylon, polyester, Teflon®, polyurethane, polyester, etc. As part of its actions, the Poly Prep etches the plastic. Importantly with may poly’s, our Poly Prep dries clear and usually does not mar finishes. Test first.
Available in 1 oz., 80 ml, 8 oz, 16 oz, 1 gallon and larger sizes.
Finally, our Filler is a silica sand compound that will, when used with our SCA’s, fill holes and cracks. Fill a stripped-out screw holes with an SCA and Filler and you can immediately drill and tap.
Available in 35 gm, 70 gm, 8 oz. and larger sizes.
While not a performance tools, the Debonder/Cleaner, in our opinion, is a necessity. Our Debonder dissolves SCA’s, CA’s, super glues, etc., on contact. Our Debonder is safer on finishes than Acetone, the other “undo” option. Test first.
Available in 1 oz., 2 oz., 8 oz. and larger sizes.
A video on the Bonding Poly Process (patent pending) is below.
Questions? Call 877 565 7225.