A Patches or an A Patch Wrap will permanently repair your damaged codmmercially used HDPE pipe up to 78 inches, or larger, in diameter.
Repair cracked HDPE pipe or repairing a hole in HDPE pipe.
Repaired HDPE pipe
The HDPE pipe to the left has an A Patch sealing a crack in the pipe, then our Poly Fill was used to coat the A Patch. Adding the Poly Fill greately increases te structural integrity of the HDPE pipe. Both the A Patch and the Poly Fill work on all commonly used pipe and tanks substrates, from HDPE to steel.
In essence, the Poly Fill creates a poly sheet covering the repair and adding, as we stated, structural integrity to the pipe. At 68 degrees F, this A Patch with Poly Fill survived 1800 psi for over ne hundred hours. That is the a greater number than the pipe was rated.
Procedure for repairing HDPE pipe with an A Patch. For significant damge on na HDPE pipe, a Tech-Wrap is recommended. Tech Wrap complete wrap the pipe The greater the number of wraps, the higher the pressure rating. 1800 psi is a very low number for the wraps.
Procedure for repairing commercial HDPE pipe applications.
- Rough the damaged area of the HDPE pipe.
- Remove the dirt, dust, corrosion, grease, etc., with any cleaner that will not leave a residue.
- Saturate the roughed area with our Poly Prep. Let dry.
- Spray the roughed area with the Activator/Accelerator. Let dry. .
- Using small concentric circles, applyly the SI adhesive to the Tech-Patch or Wrap. Apply the adhesive over the entire patch/wrap, EXCEPT for diagonal campaigns.
- You want to be thorough in the application, of the adhesive but not heavy.
- Make sure the adhesive will reach the edge of the patch/wrap.
- Grab the diagonal corners, apply tension and press the patch/wrap on the hDPE pipe.
- Use a putty knife or glue squeegee to apply pressure on the patch/wrap from the center out.
- Gluel down the diagonal corners. Apply a bead of the adhesive around the outer circumference of the patch/wrap.
- Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the patch/wrap. Warm to about 120 degrees F by termperaturre, or, by touch, to just below hot. This heat starts the criitical chemical reaction necessary to bond the patch/wrap to the tank. This chemical reaaction will produce an exothermic reaction that will increase the temperature to abotu 135 degress F. Im other words, it’s hot.
That level of heat will be maintained for several minutes. This sustained heat is the indicator that your repair will be successful.
- Apply beads of the adhesive, half inch apart, to the outside of the patch, apread with the glue squeegee and then spray a light mist of the Activator/Accelerator .
Advantages of HDPE pipe
High Density Polyethylene, HDPE, was first developed in either 1948 or 1953. depending on the source or, possibly, how the HDPE was beng used. In 1
ng holes and cracks in HDPE pipe.