Repairing holes in PVC pipe
Repairing holes in PVC pipe is quick, easy and permanent with Tech-Patches. Our PVC repair video shows how easily a Tech-Patch repair on PVC pipe is made. Note that there has never been a failure with a Tech-Patch.
Tech-Patches are made of a flexible polymer, fluorosilicone (FVMQ). Fluorosilicone is one of the most chemical and weather resistant polymers made. Tech-Patches are impervious to gas, oil, water, all hydrocarbons and most common chemicals. Tech-Patches are bonded onto the PVC with the Tech-Bond Molecular Bonding System using our patented Polymer Bonding Process (Process).
Tech-Patches are hard to wrap your mind around
Consumers, our customers, even those customers familiar with Tech-Bond have doubled Tech-Patches. Those that tried the Tech-Patches have become believers. Contractors have also tested Tech-Patches and have said that they have never seen anything that worked like a Tech-Patch. Actually, because Tech-Patches are a flexible polymer, no one has seen anything like a Tech-Patch. Before the Process, poly’s could not be glued, Tech-Patches represent another break through technology that began with the Polymer Bonding Process.
In every case, Tech-Patches have performed as advertised.
A Tech-Patch on PVC pipe
Our patented Polymer Bonding Process (Process) BONDS Tech-Patches to the pipe or tank substrate. Since Tech-Patches are a (highly) weather resistant polymer, they will not dry out and fall off. Since bonds do not degrade, Tech-Patches will not fall off. Tech-Patches are a permanent solution.
The steps in repairing a hole PVC pipe
When using the Process, surface preparation is ALWAYS CRITICAL. Step-by-step instructions come with each Tech-Patch Kit come
- Rough the surface with a medium grit sandpaper.
- Clean the surface with a soft cloth.
- Wipe the surface with a soft cloth to remove all residue.
- Cur a Tech-Patch to fit. There needs to be at lease half inch of patch on all sides of the problem.
- Spray the Activator/Accelerator (AA) on the primed area. Let the AA dry.
- Apply the SI Black to the Tech-Patch.
– Apply with concentric circles.
– Make sure that the edges are covered.
– Do not apply the adhesive to diagonal corners
- Grab the diagonal corners
– Apply tension
– Firmly press on the PVC (or ABS pipe)
– Hold for 6-8 seconds.
- Apply pressure with your fingertips on the edges.
- Use the glue squeegee to apply firm pressure from the center out.
- Apply a bead of SI Black to the entire perimeter of the patch, applying extra adhesive under the diagonal corners.
- Spray the seam with the Activator/Accelerator.
- Visually inspect the patch for problem areas. Apply SI Black and spray the Activator/Accelerator on any problem area.